Moderators overlook social roles such as discussions and chatrooms. There are 3 types of moderators.
Discussions Mods are users who have additional tools available to manage conversations in various features across the community where users are having social discussions. While no moderator can block users, discussion moderators can:
- Remove and restore threads and replies from any user
- Close and reopen threads
- In the Forum feature specifically, moderators also have the ability to manage Forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Moderate the chat
- Delete blog comments
- Edit and delete article comments
- Moderate the Discussions feature, if enabled.
Content Mods are users who have additional tools available to moderate specific parts of the community. These tools are:
- Deleting and moving protected pages
- Deleting and moving files
- Undeleting pages and files
- Reupload files
- Protecting and unprotecting pages
- Patrol pages if the community has the RecentChanges patrol feature enabled
Chat Mods make sure the chat room is safe. They can:
- Kick people from the chat room
- Also, they can ban people from the chat room
The caretakers and nannies already have rollback and moderator rights by default, but currently there are no moderators without caretaker status.